online School & District PROGRAMS
Benchmark Advance is a comprehensive Reading/Language Arts program for Kindergarten through sixth grade. These rigorous, integrated reading, writing, speaking, and listening programs are built to address key shifts in curriculum and instruction to meet the demands of the Common Core Standards.
- Benchmark Advance support page
- Student login page
Ready Mathematics helps create a rich classroom environment in which students at all levels become active, real-world problem solvers. ReadyMath Encourages students to develop a deeper understanding of mathematics concepts through the embedded Standards for Mathematical Practice and builds on students’ prior knowledge with lessons that make connections within and across grade levels and directly address the major focus of the grade.
- ReadyMath support page
- Student login page
AR is a computer program that helps teachers manage and monitor children’s independent reading practice. Your child picks a book at his own level and reads it at his own pace. When finished, your child takes a short quiz on the computer. (Passing the quiz is an indication that your child understood what was read.) AR gives children, teachers, and parents feedback based on the quiz results, which the teacher then uses to help your child set goals and direct ongoing reading practice.
- AR Home Connect
- Parent's Guide to Accelerated Reader
Edmodo is an educational website that turns the classroom into a community of learners where communication, collaboration, sharing, and learning can happen online, outside of the classroom walls but private within the group.
Edmodo will be our online class this year.
- Edmodo homepage
Khan Academy offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom. Our class is using Khan Academy to preview/review math concepts. Students are assigned videos and practices to do at school and at home.
- Khan Academy website
- SUSD Website
- Breakfast & Lunch Menus
- Bus Schedule for Rio Calaveras
- Department Directory
- Educational Services K-12
- Community Relations Family Engagement
- Report Card Schedule
- Parent Handbook
- Student Conduct Code
- Helping Your Child Become a Reader
- Reading Tips for Parents
- Tips for Helping Children Learn to Read
- Consejos para ayudar a los niños a aprender a leer
- Reading - FREE Teaching and Learning Resources
HELP YOUR CHILD LEARN
- Helping Your Child Learn Mathematics
- Helping Your Child With Homework
- Helping Your Child Series
- Homework Tips for Parents
- Federal Resources for Educational Excellence (FREE)
- Parents Guide to School Success
COMMON SENSE MEDIA RESOURCES
- Privacy and Internet Safety
- Screen Time
- Facebook, Instagram, and Social Media
- Cell phone parenting